contact us at: email@example.com
- 22nd Mar - Market Watch update.
- 7th Mar - Ted's Speedboat page added.
- 23rd Feb - Market Watch update...
- 15th Feb - Market Watch page added
- 12th Feb - The yacht restoration is complete.
- 10th Feb - more yacht progress - very close now!
- 8th Feb - more yacht updates
- 7th Feb - Yacht restoration underway.
- November 2016 - we're back!
- 5th May - Post War Gallery Added.
- 3rd Mar - post war boats added to 'How Rare...' section.
- 29th Feb - update to SNAPPY restoration page.
- 18th Feb - link to Mclaren Subs added. Excellent!
- 16th Feb - SNAPPY update... the motor is out..
- 10th Feb - SNAPPY restoration blog started...!
- 29th Jan - Martin's Meteor
- 18th Nov - sneak preview of latest McLaren Sub!
- 14th Nov - the site gets dusted off for some updates!
- 22nd July - Norman's Speedboat story!
- 29th June - very early 12" hot air battleship added.
- 22nd June - METEOR now complete.
- 16th June - another METEOR update.
- 9th June - METEOR update.
- 5th June - Mclaren Clockwork Submarine added.
-29th May - 'Ranger' (METEOR project) has arrived.
- 19th May - simple box restoration.
- 16th May - Peter's Speedboat page added.
- 10th May - Chris's Battleship page added.
- 13th Mar - For sale section updated.
- 5th Mar - 'Stuarts Commodore' added
- 27th Feb - Bluebird section updated
- 22nd Feb - Meteor section updated
- 30th Jan - Bluebird pages updated with new images
Welcome to the Sutcliffe Boat Museum
This site has been created to share our collection of Sutcliffe boats with the rest if the world, to document any information gathered whilst researching the boats and to chart the progress of some of the projects underway.
This site is dedicated to the products of Sutcliffe Pressings Limited; toy boats, from 1920, right through to 1984, when the factory finally closed its doors. If you are doing some research on a boat that you own, one you have seen, or perhaps one that you are thinking of buying, you have come to the right place, particularly if it's one of the older rarer boats.
Our collection focusses mainly on the early boats, from 1920 to 1950, but we do have some of the later boats which will gradually go on display.
We are keen to preserve as many of these wonderful old toys as possible, for generations to see and enjoy via this site. We also like to preserve the stories behind these boats too; see the section 'Boats with Stories'....
If you have any questions about our boats or yours, please do get in touch... we have lots of information and boats that have not yet made it to the site, so even if you can't find what you are looking for, we will almost certainly be able to help you.
We have been busy! We have restored a yacht for a good friend - see the link below.
We've also just added a 'Market Watch' page under the 'Buy and Sell menu. We spend quite a lot (too much) time looking at the market and see all sorts of things crop up, at all sorts of prices!
And finally; the story of Teds Speedboad has been added. See the section 'Boats with Stories'...
John and Chris (father and son) - Mar 2017
1920 Single Coil Battleship. Find out what makes this extremely early boat different from all the others...
A brace of the extremely rare 8" hot air speedboats, circa 1922 - these boats are tiny, the smallest boat Sutcliffe ever made.
Motor and battery box for the very rare 1930 24" Electric Speedboat
Yacht restoration complete - see it here...
Ted's beautiful Speedboat ....